Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Retreat for Dad




The picture above is of Holy Infant, my parish! One of the true blessings in coming to Missouri has been the faith community here at Holy Infant. I just spent last weekend as the spiritual director for a team of 10 and we had eight participants on the weekend. It was awesome, I watched as the Holy Spirit slowly worked his way into each and every man. My team of brothers would rise and speak from their hearts, they shared intimate moments of how God works in their lives. How through pain, sorrow, as well as joy and jubliation our Lord and Savior is there all the time. Then Jesus turned to me and gave me a gift. He allowed me to grow in Him, He let me see myself they way He sees me. I was awestruck with His power and I trembled as He revealed to me how I was not living up to his promise for me. He has created me to do so much more and I was not letting that happen. I knew I had the gift of music which I share but now I see I have many more gifts to open and more gifts to give to others. There is a song by the band Third Day that struck me as being right on the mark for me.

I'm a son of a good man. I'm the child of an angel. I 'm the brother of a wild one. And I'm looking for direction. I'm the lover of a beauty. I'm the father of blessings. I'm a singer of a love song. But is that all I'm good for..This is who I am This is who I am. So take me and make me something so much more. This is who I am This is who I am. So change me and make me someone better than before. I'm a saint and a sinner. I'm a lover and a fighter. I'm a true believer, with great desire. I'm a preacher of grace, prophet of love, teacher of truth. I've fallen down so many times. But here I stand in front of you. Take me as I am. But please don't leave me that way. 'Cause I know that you can make me better than I am today.

I am Here Lord, Do with me as you wish!!!

God Bless,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment